The Quality Assurance Engineer role is a position reporting directly to the Quality Manager, with responsibility for ensuring that manufacturing processes, methods, equipment, and quality systems meet or exceed the requirements of our customers and are consistent with established standards, customer specifications, and production goals.
Essential Functions of the position are:
1. Create, improve, implement and maintain systems that will assure the quality and traceability of the incoming materials and final products.
2. Work in the manufacturing process and with final products from the Refractory product lines.
3. Create (or improve), implement and maintain work procedures as part of the QMS.
4. Create (or improve), implement and maintain off-line testing programs.
5. Investigate customer complaints and communicate the results to management and customers as necessary.
6. Perform root cause analysis for quality issues and complaints.
7. Work in a team with production to solve recurring issues by implementation of effective countermeasures.
8. Present information to all levels of Hunterplastics employees.
9. Plan, organize and complete PPAP submission packages when required by customer.
10. Working knowledge of SPC, control plans and PFMEA.
11. Analyze and present statistical information to management and customers.
12. Organize and lead customer surveys.
13. Investigate and implement solutions to manufacturing and/or system problems using proven project management techniques and skills.
14. Support efforts in the maintenance and improvement of the ISO 9001:2015 system.
15. Provide the appropriate support in the creation of product certification.
16. Review customer requirements for acceptability when necessary (non-standard product specifications).
17. Be familiar with mistake proofing techniques and defect elimination.
18. Be familiar with 5S and Lean concepts.
19. Have some project management (PM) experience.
20. Manage the QA technicians in the Refractory areas.
Minimum Qualifications: 2-4 years quality related engineering experience including a working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, statistical process control (SPC) and project management. BS degree in engineering is required.